Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Who's da Black Sheep?

I recently became aware of Himself's preference for a certain commercial, as related by the younger author of this blog. Apparently he enjoys the Kia Soul commercial featuring various rodents frolicking in "New Hamsterdam" to one of our generation's anthems, by none other than The Black Sheep. He enjoys the commercial so thoroughly, in fact, that he chose to sing along on one occasion. His words weren't exactly correct, however; he offered up something along the lines of "You could go for this, or you could go for that." Syllable wise, sure, it still fit. But as someone who normally lives his life as That Guy Who Knows a Ton of Crap and Isn't Afraid to Offer It to You While You're a Captive Audience, okay, perhaps song lyrics aren't his cup of tea. I can only imagine the awkward rhythmic gesticulations that accompanied his rendition.

Now, take this secondhand story and ponder it. The Black Sheep. Why yes, they're... black. Does Dad know? Probably not. Couple this with his random exclamation to me over the phone while the NFL season was still at its peak that "Donovan McNabb doesn't have a black soul," and it makes me wonder what Dad's been smoking and if he got it from Richard Pryor. That is all.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps now is a good time to let our dear readers (all none of them) know that when I was around five, I didn't really know Dad wasn't black. He was extremely tan from running 50-75 miles per week outdoors and not believing in sunscreen, like all members of his generation, and he was as a result very, very brown. But at least I never drew a picture of my family with crayons where I made my mom pink, my dad brown, and my sister and me tan... which someone we both know actually did.

    ReplyDelete