Thursday, April 28, 2011

Himself's Infamous "Early Start"

Remember December? The reason for starting this blog? When Himself was supposed to arrive in the afternoon, but showed up on my doorstep at 8:25am?

He's visiting again, and told me beforehand that he was going to arrive around 8, as we were getting ready for work. Great. So then he called last night and said "Leave a key, in case I run into traffic." (Pause.) "Or in case I get there before you're up."

I immediately knew what was going to happen. And sure enough, I woke up at 6:30 and peered as far down the hallway from the comfort of bed as I could see, and the living room light was on and my dad was sitting in a chair, reading. I don't know how long he'd been there.

I didn't ask what time he woke up this time, or what time he left Philly. All I know is that he brought us coffee and pastries from Starbucks, so I say, if Himself wants to show up at my house at 6am, not wake me up, and wait for me to come enjoy free coffee and pastries, he can do it any damn day of the week he wants.

No comments:

Post a Comment